Lower your Electric Bill with Energy Saving Tips
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Have you ever noticed the price of your electric bill lately? The monthly costs of your electric bill isn’t getting cheaper but more expensive! How can you lower your monthly bill and save money? Learn energy saving tips below and save money every month on your bill.
Tips to Lowering your Electric Bill
1. Instead of using Incandescent bulbs, use CFLs (Compact Fluorescent Lamps). Compact Fluorescent Lamps last up to ten times longer and they’re 75% more energy efficient.
2. In the summer, instead of throwing your clothes in the dryer, hang up your clothes on the line outside. Use energy efficient appliances and wash your clothes only in cold water. There are detergent agents out there that you can purchase specifically for washing clothes in cold water.
3. In the bathroom, reduce the amount of water used during a shower by installing a low flow shower head. If you prefer to soak, save water by taking a bath.
4. Check the areas of your home where drafts exist. Caulk and weather strip areas to prevent heat from escaping your home.
5. Switch out your current thermostat with a digital programmable thermostat. When you’re at home or if you want your house cooled before you get home, it regulates the heating & cooling in your home.
6. Change the filter on the furnace, clean out your ducts and maintain your furnace. By using these methods, your furnace will run more efficiently.
7. If you have a wood, oil or gas heating element, for example, you can get a gas fireplace instead of keeping your oil furnace if gas is cheaper in your area.
8. You may want to consider installing solar panels. Even though it may be a bit expensive at first, it’ll be beneficial to you with electricity or oil savings. There are tax rebates that are beneficial to saving you money in the long run if you install solar panels.
Are you still unsure about how to lower your bill? Contact My Service Company and we’ll be there to assist you!