Small Plumbing Repairs in Lethbridge
Tuesday, February 11, 2014
It’s not fun to come home from work to leaks, drips and clogs. Sadly, sometimes it feels better to ‘just leave it’ than to pick up a phone and call a plumber. Plumbers have earned a reputation for being late, messy and carrying a “can’t be bothered” aura when it comes to small plumbing repairs.
That shouldn’t be the case! Small plumbing repairs are everything to us. We don’t do big construction so our team is ready for action when you call about your leak under the sink, that annoying toilet that seems to never want to flush well, or the water heater that has decided independently that your whole family deserves cold showers.
We’re the drips, leaks and clogs guys. Yup, we can fix that. And we’re anxious to get started. Just give us a call. In the meantime, here are a couple of tips and tricks to keep your plumbing system running well.
- Run ice down the garburator to clean up the blades.
- Service traps annually. Pull the trap out from under the sink and clean it up. Getting rid of hair and other debris will improve drain flow and preserve the seals in your plumbing. We recently found a lobster fork lodged in a trap!
- Avoid toilet tablets. Those products that turn your toilet water blue can also eat away at rubber seals inside your toilet tank.
- Flush your water heater. Cleaning out sediment will restore capacity and extend life.
- Treat your water. Proactively dealing with hardness and chorine in your water will make your plumbing nearly plumber proof!
- Check your washing machine hoses! Did you know your hoses come with an expiry date? These hoses are under pressure 100% of the time and they are a huge cause of insurance claims when they burst.
That’s all for this post, folks. Call if you need help with any of these projects!